Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Social Awareness project part 3 (poem) + description

fighting for their own lives
searching for a place to call home
hungry
cold
tired
their lives dangling from a wire
can't you hear them crying 
hiding from the fear 
the fear of dying
they get sick 
sicker every day
no protection from the dangers
no protection from diseases
kids are in trouble 
living amongst pain and rubble 
no clean water 
no soft bed
they are calling for help
but the line is dead

This poem is about the kids in Africa. I did some research on some of the hardships they had and the list was about 6 pages long. It was hard to hear that so many kids are dying from the water or from rare diseases. They don't even have any medical centers there. The women have homemade medicines to help the child survive,but usually the chance of a child surviving in extreme circumstances is very rare. I feel like sometimes I take my life for granted. I don't always realize how lucky I am to have a home and 2 parents who will always be there. These kids don't have anything. They sleep in tents. 

Although this is getting better. Organizations like Unicef and Save the Kids 
are working incredibly hard to try and fix this and give these children a home. People from around the world has heard about this issue and they have received over 2 million dollars in donations to save the kids. I think its great that so many people care about helping them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment